SEED, GROW AND LAUNCH FROM TERRA FIRMA™
Terra Firma n.
- Solid ground.
- Xelerator’s proprietary process for establishing companies on solid ground.
It takes more than superior technology to successfully enter international markets from another country. Having a solid business strategy grounded in thorough market research, analysis and testing is key. And then there are the logistics of setting up a new operating unit. With limited local market experience, this can be a costly, time-consuming and, all too often, unproductive attempt—leading to market misfires and failure.
Let Xelerator’s Terra Firma process do the work, quickly and effectively. While you focus on product development and overall strategy, we become your company’s face in the foreign market. Our seasoned professionals systematically execute Terra Firma in three phases: Seed, Grow and Launch. The result: In an accelerated time frame, Xelerator delivers a fully functioning U.S. subsidiary with customers, a field-tested business plan and skilled staff in place.
TERRA FIRMA PROCESS
Xelerator designed Terra Firma as an integrated process, with each successive step building on the lessons learned in the previous one. Therefore, we carefully assess the potential of candidate clients to take advantage of our complete solution. Having determined that the prospective client is a good match, Xelerator develops a proposal that outlines goals and deliverables for each stage. Then it’s on to the first phase!
Objective: To verify that there is a viable international market for your product and to position your product in that market.
- Action Items:
- Identifying target markets and the appropriate value propositions for each
- Evaluating possible distribution channels, pricing strategies and profit margins
- Verifying these assumptions by presenting the product to prospective customers and channel partners
- Market assessment
- Qualification of beta customers
- Business plan for the Grow phase
Time to completion: Approximately 3 months
Objective: To create an international operational entity to execute on the plans from the Seed phase and to deliver a “proof of concept” for the product and technology.
- Action Items:
- Dedicating an Xelerator project team to execute each of the next steps
- Establishing your company’s international credentials, including legal incorporation
- Designating corporate officers from Xelerator’s executive team to lead your international division
- Selling your product to a representative sampling of foreign companies in the target markets
- Developing product distribution channels through strategic partnerships
- Executing marketing communications strategies, such as branding and advertising
- Adapting your business plan based on everything we have learned thus far
- Customer references
- A field-tested business plan with proof of concept
- Budget model for the Launch phase
Time to completion: Approximately 6-9 months
Objective: To deliver a fully functioning international subsidiary.
- Action Items:
- Transitioning management of the international operation back to your company
- Staffing your subsidiary with experienced personnel
- Launching your product into the foreign marketplace
- A fully functioning foreign subsidiary of your company
Time to completion: Varies based on the specific needs of each client
Interested in accelerating your international sales with Xelerator? Contact us today!